Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th April 2024
10am - 3pm
£82 for two days
Our Painting Weekend is an ideal short course for beginners and those wishing to reignite their creativity and gain confidence when picking up a paint brush! The course will be held in our studio which has an informal, social, supportive and friendly atmosphere. The course will be taught in bite sized chunks and will consist of presentations, demonstrations and one to one assistance. There will be plenty of cups of tea on offer and all materials are included in the cost.
By the end of the course you will have developed your use of watercolours, drawing inks, silk paints, gouache and acrylics. You will be guided through a number of different painting techniques using a variety of tools, and you will have the opportunity to consider different approaches and methodologies.
On completion of the two day course, you will take home several artworks and written notes that you will be able to refer back to at your own pace.
The Painting Weekend will enable you to create;
- A watercolour 'menu' of techniques
- A mini watercolour still life
- A mini study using inks and wax resist techniques
- A floral artwork on silk
- A landscape painting in acrylics on A3 paper
- A landscape postcard in gouache
- A mixed media collage
The course will be structured as follows;
Day One / Saturday 13th April: Still Life and Organic Forms
- Introduction to basic watercolour techniques
- Painting of a small still life in watercolours
- Painting of a small still life using vibrant inks
- Production of a floral design
- Painting floral design onto silk
Day Two / Sunday 14th April: Landscapes
- Learning about acrylic paint application
- Creating prepared collage papers
- Presentation about contemporary landscape painting
- Production of a landscape painting in acrylics
- Production of a landscape on a postcard in gouache
- Creation of a mixed media landscape using painted papers
The cost for the course covers tuition, materials and access to hot drinks and cake. Please bring your own packed lunch and any snacks that you may wish to eat at break times.
Booking in advance is essential. Once payment has been processed, you will receive an email with details about the class closer to the time. This message will come from email@example.com and may end up in spam folders.
Any questions, just ask!
Painting Weekend: Two days
Please note that payment will secure your place on the course. Once the payment has been processed no refunds are available, however, if you provide at least 72 hours notice, you may receive a credit note for a future class.